Theology: Evangelical Covenant Church
Our motto is Real People. Real God. Real Life. The vision is to create a church that embraces real people with hurts, habits, and hangups, to help them discover a real God who brings hope, and to experience real life that has meaning and purpose.
Today, LifeChurch has seen incredible growth after outgrowing three school locations and seeing many people come to know Jesus. As of the spring of 2018, LifeChurch now welcomes nearly 1,400 regular attenders at its Canton location. Our congregation is thankful for all they’ve experienced, however their story does not end here.
Our goal and prayer is to be part of planting several new churches in the next ten years. This is a God-sized task and will only happen through fervent prayer to Him, and provision and power from Him.
· This role will be pivotal in shifting LifeChurch’s end goal for the attender towards reproducing discipleship
· Design and implement a whole church strategic discipleship system.
o Lead a team of staff (Adult Ministry, Media, Creatives, Administration) to create classes, curriculum, branding, and video products.
o Implement 4 classes within the first year.
o Lead a quarterly gathering for discipleship leaders.
o High level coordination and project management from a seat of relationship is necessary for this role.
· Small Group leader coaching, and investment in Connect level groups (50+) as needed.
· Work on the Adult Ministry team to accomplish events and church wide curriculum.
· Commitment to join the ECC. Evangelical Covenant Church.
· Full Time Position with health stipend, and cell phone plan.
Experience and Education
· Prefer a bachelor’s degree and theology training and/or three or more years of relevant vocational ministry experience
· Experience in paid ministry focused on Discipleship and Strategic Discipleship Systems
· Has a growing relationship with Jesus
· Committed to personal growth, servant leadership, healthy relationships, and being one in spirit with the leadership at LifeChurch
· Must be fully committed to working with a diverse congregation and community
· Is energetic, organized, and self-motivated and can lead teams to accomplish complex tasks
· Is a team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
· Has a passion for seeing people become discipled in the church
· Can demonstrate previous success and an ongoing ability in recruiting, training, and supporting staff and volunteers
· Can demonstrate discipleship relationships (current or former) where they have poured their life into a disciple for the sole purpose of the spiritual, emotional, and missional growth in the individual
· Can demonstrate previous success and an ongoing ability in developing and maintaining vibrant ministry
· Is excited by the opportunity of working in a church growing rapidly and desires to see that growth reflected in church participation and in people’s lives
Canton, is located about eight miles west of the city limits of Detroit and eight miles east of the city limits of Ann Arbor. As of the 2016 census, the township had a population of 90,248, making it Michigan's second largest township and eleventh largest community. Canton Township is consistently ranked as one of the safest cities in the United States, as well as in the state of Michigan. In 2015, the township was ranked as the 29th safest city in America. Canton is one of Michigan's fastest growing communities.
Canton offers everything from top-quality schools and a nationally accredited police department and leisure services department, to a wide variety of dining and shopping opportunities. Add to that, six beautiful community parks, a state-of-the-art community center, two golf courses, and a world-class theater, and you have the perfect place to live, work, or play.
Send resumes to Nathan.McWherter@lifechurchcanton.org